There are a number of complications with the teeth that might necessitate dental extraction. Whether you have a damaged, decaying, or infected tooth, or if you experienced trauma to any of your teeth, dental extraction is often a safe and inexpensive means to correct such issues.
Lone Mountain Family Dental is proud to offer dental extraction to those around Las Vegas. With Dr. Etman and our experienced team, you can rest easy knowing that your tooth extraction procedure will lead to improved oral health! If you might be in need of tooth extraction, don’t hesitate to call us today! Otherwise, keep reading to learn when it might be necessary to have teeth pulled.
When you Might Need Dental Extractions
- Supernumerary Teeth: Supernumerary are extra teeth that form outside the normal 32 teeth. These teeth can often lead to crowding in the mouth, and need to be extracted so they don’t cause alignment issues.
- Stubborn Baby Teeth: Many have stubborn baby teeth that stick around into adolescence. These baby teeth prevent the adult teeth from emerging properly, and thus often need to be removed.
- Wisdom Teeth: The wisdom teeth are the most commonly extracted teeth. As the wisdom teeth emerge later in adolescence, they can easily become impacted, or create misalignment in the rest of the teeth. As such, most people end up getting their wisdom teeth removed at one point or another. They are extremely susceptible to decay and periodontal disease. This is due to the fact that they are the last teeth in the mouth making then almost impossible to clean even for the most skilled Dental professionals let alone when you are trying to brush them yourself.
- Tooth Decay: Severe tooth decay ca become not restorable or savable over time (meaning a root canal and crown cannot save the tooth due to loss of tooth structure) and thus often requires full tooth extraction.
- Infected Pulp: Similarly, infected pulp can often necessitate tooth extraction. While root canal therapy is often an effective means of clearing infection from the pulp, tooth extraction serves as a last resort.
- Gum Disease: For those with gum disease, tooth decay, and tooth loss is quite common. In many cases, your dentist might choose to extract teeth before they’re fully affected by gum disease.
The Dental Extraction Procedure
Dr. Etman and his experienced team are well-versed in dental extractions. If extraction is recommended for any reason, you can rest assured that the treatment will be carried out efficiently and effectively. While it might sound frightening, dental extraction is a fairly inexpensive routine treatment. And it’s a surefire way to improve your oral health and get you chewing again! Remember everything in the body is connected and an infection in the mouth can lead to other problems down the road.
Dental Extractions With Lone Mountain Family Dental
If you’re in need of dental extractions for any of the aforementioned reasons, don’t hesitate to contact our Las Vegas office today! Call us at 702-655-9533 to schedule a consultation. You can also contact us here.