As we’ve covered in a previous blog, about half of American adults have lost at least one tooth. These numbers are staggering, no doubt, but there’s a number of effective ways to replace lost teeth today. You might have heard of dental bridges, which have existed as the go-to replacement treatment for years. But more recently, dental implants have emerged as one of the most effective and advantageous services for replacing teeth.
Lone Mountain Family Dental offers several treatment options for those looking to replace missing teeth. Whether patients choose dental implants or bridges, we conduct all of our procedures with expertise and quality service. For practically every kind of tooth loss, there are implant-supported replacements that can bring your smile back to its healthy and beautiful norm! If you’re interested in our restorative services, don’t hesitate to contact us today! Otherwise, keep reading to learn more about the advantages of dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a newer restorative treatment that utilizes a titanium rod as an anchor point for a prosthetic. The rod fuses with the jawbone beneath the gums to provide superior support compared to competing restorative treatments. Once the titanium anchor point is implanted, a prosthetic can then be attached to the top of the rod, which serves as a kind of root to the tooth.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
- Eliminates Bone Loss: Without stimulation from the root of a tooth, the jawbone will eventually begin to recede in that region. With the stimulation of dental implants, you can prevent the jawbone from receding.
- Sturdy, Durable: Supported by a titanium anchor point, dental implants are stronger and more durable than dental bridges, which are anchored with an adhesive to the surrounding teeth. Implants are no susceptible to decay and do not compromise neighboring teeth.
- Implants are Versatile: Whether you need one tooth replaced, multiple in a row, or a whole new set of teeth, implants can help aid these
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like real teeth, making it easier to feel confident about your new and improved smile.
- Improved Eating and Speech: Along with looking better, dental implants make eating and speaking feel as normal as it would with a real tooth!
Lone Mountain Family Dental: Your Las Vegas Dentist
If you’re in need of any of our restorative services to replace missing teeth, give us a call at 702-655-9533 to schedule a consultation. You can also contact us online.